New Covid-19 Measures
We’ve introduced new COVID-19 measures across the Nursery and Pre-School as we reopen.
We appreciate that this is an anxious time, making the decision whether you would like your child should go back to Nursery or even start Nursery for the first time.
Adventure Valley Day Nursery has always encouraged children to learn through play, with daily supervised visits to the farm animals and plenty of fresh air.
We want to share with you the measures that we have been implementing at Adventure Valley Day Nursery when it remained open for key workers (which follow the government guidance ‘Implementing Protective Measures in Education and Childcare Settings’).
These will remain in place when we reopen for all children to minimise the risk of infection for the safety of all our staff and children.
What measures are we are taking to minimise the risk of infection and keep your child safe.
- There will be designated drop off and collection points outside the setting, parents and visitors will not be permitted to enter the setting. Staff will be wearing face masks on drop off and collection of children.
- Temperature checks of all staff and children will be taken on arrival to the setting and handwashing will take place on entry as well as throughout the day.
- Children will be organised into small ‘bubble’ groups, where possible these groups will not mix during the day with other bubble groups. We will try to consider friendship groups where possible.
- Layouts of our classrooms will be considered to support smaller ‘bubble’ groups of children.
- There will be allocated times for ‘bubble’ groups to be outside and equipment will be cleaned in between groups.
- All staff will receive up to date training in managing infection control and preventing the risk of Coronavirus.
- No outings away from the setting into the local community will take place until further notice
- We will have an enhanced cleaning schedule to ensure that all equipment and resources are cleaned regularly including reception areas, touch points and bathroom areas.
- All soft furnishing, soft toys and rugs will be removed from our classrooms to prevent the risk of infection.
- If a child or staff member becomes unwell with symptoms in the setting they will be sent home and asked to isolate in line with the government guidelines. Staff will wear PPE whilst waiting for a child to be collected and the area will be thoroughly cleaned prior to reopening.
What can parents do to help minimise the risk of infection and keep their child safe:
- We ask that only parents and children who are symptom free attend the setting, If your child or someone in your household displays any symptoms of Coronavirus please notify the Manager by telephone, stay at home and isolate in line with the government guidelines
- If you have been tested for Covid 19 please await your result before attending the setting with your children
- Please keep to social distancing rules, this includes keeping 2 meters distance from staff, other children, and other parents/carers.
- Please can we ask that where possible only 1 parent is to drop off and collect your child to support with social distancing outside of the setting.
- Unfortunately, we will not be able to store any buggies, car seats or children’s scooters inside the setting and these will need to be stored at home or in our outside designated area
- Please do not bring in toys from home, this will help us to minimise any risk of infection. If your child does have a comforter to support their wellbeing this is fine, however we do ask if it can be cleaned daily.
For more information or to discuss your child’s return to Nursery or Pre-School, please contact your Nursery Manager. We are pleased to confirm that if you are not yet ready to return your children to Adventure Valley Day Nursery, then there will be no fee to hold your child’s place.
Adventure Valley Day Nursery & Pre-School is all about giving your child the very best early years education within a countryside environment.
Working in partnership with leading childcare provider Kids Play Childcare, children will enjoy a brand new Nursery and Pre-School building, with private Nursery gardens and daily supervised visits to Adventure Valley.
Meet Our Nursery Manager
Hello, my name is Julie Norton and I am the Nursery Manager at Adventure Valley Day Nursery & Pre-School. I have worked in childcare for almost 20 years, and hold a BA Hons in Early Childhood Studies and a NNEB Diploma in Childcare.
I take pride in building those early relationships with both children and parents and love to see children at my nursery grow and devlop each day.
Being the Nursery Manager at this fantastic new setting brings me a lot of joy, seeing children learn through nature-based play including taking daily visits to the farmyard animals is a very unique experience for all.
A Modern Day Nursery
- Daily supervised visits to Adventure Valley
- Private gardens with free flow access from all rooms
- Ofsted Registered Childcare
- Stimulating and educational play
- Qualified and experienced staff
- Freshly prepared healthy meals cooked on site
- Nappies, nappy cream and wipes supplied
- Free milk for babies
- Teaching following EYFS framework
- 2, 3 and 4 year old funded sessions available, which includes 30 hours
- Childcare vouchers and tax free childcare accepted
Virtual Showrounds – Weekdays
See the Nursery and Pre-School for yourself with a personal video tour with our Nursery Manager. Set times will be allocated for video tours daily and you can register your interest by filling out this form
Download Our 30 Hours eBook
Are you missing out on 30 free hours government funding?
Download our free eBook, telling you everything you need to know regarding the new government grant and the eligibility criteria.